Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Friends over to play

I must admit that although I have missed my friends and family a lot since I've been here, I didn't realise quite how much of a gap they'd left in my life until I saw Catherine, Trusha, Kim, Keith and Lucy this last weekend.  There's nothing like familiarity and a shared past to comfort a slightly home-sick soul.  Don't get me wrong, I love living in Melbourne but having a piece of home here, was really nice.

It was also great to be able to show friends around our new city and be able to point out landmarks, sights and good restaurants and bars "just like locals" haha.  We had some great laughs over the weekend and some lovely days and nights out with our mates.  Now that they've gone home again I miss them even more.  Luckily Briar and Kelly are here next weekend, by which stage our guest room will have an actual bed as opposed to our fold out sofa bed. 

Can't wait!


Lunch at The Fitz on Bruswick Street

No comments:

Post a Comment