Thursday, November 18, 2010

More visitors from Auckland

I love having visitors to our new home so was delighted (my new favourite word since the Queen used it to describe how she felt about Wills & Kate's engagement!) to have Briar and Kelly to stay last weekend. 

It was brilliant to catch up over some wines as well as hit the shops (now that I have that elusive job!) first on Bourke Street; although plans were slightly thwarted by the wettest Santa Parade I'm sure Melbourne has had, followed by lunch on Degraves Lane and then more shopping on Chapel Street.

Saturday evening was spent on Hardware Lane in the city.  Dinner was nice, but the cocktails at Campari House afterwards deserve more of a mention - delicious and we'll definitely be back there. 

And the following day; because the girls didn't buy enough (read: anything, until I made Briar buy a maxi dress at the last shop we went to on Saturday afternoon!) for my liking, we strolled up to Bridge Road which proved much more successful!

Sunday aftenoon came around too soon and they were off home again, but I'm sure we'll see eachother either later this month or next.  Miss them already x


Cocktails at Campari House

BK laughing at the "zombie" photo

Lunch in Richmond

No comments:

Post a Comment